Three D Graphics
ProductsOnline StoreProduct SupportMessage BoardDownloadsCompanyContact Us
Financial Analysis ToolsEnterprise Solutions Product Support

Testimonials"
206 posts from 596 users

[ Admin ]   [ Mod ]
Composite Charts using CRChart
Three D Graphics Forum Index » CRChart Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shallu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Composite Charts using CRChart Reply with quote

I want to draw a composite chart in which I need scatter chart over a stacked bar chart.
There is one @COMBO macro but somehow couldn't make it working. How could I achieve the same?
Any help would be appreciated.
TDGMgr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit of an unusual request because Scatter charts have a numeric X-axis and bar charts have a "group" x-axis (words of some sort).

Couple of ideas, neither of which require CRChart, but of course will work with CRChart:

1) In the Chart Expert, one of the chart choices are NUMERIC AXIS charts. Start with one of those, probably a numeric-axis line chart.
2) Turn off the lines in the line chart, leaving only the markers. This is now a scatter.
3) Click on one of the markers that you want to become bars and right-menu SeriesOptions... and choose to EMPHASIZE that series as BAR.
That might get you what you want.

Another idea:
1) Create your bar chart
2) Create a 2nd scatter chart ON TOP OF the bar chart. If you now make the background transparent, you can "stack" graphs like this. You'll have to play a bit to make the chart frames line up exactly. You'll probably want to turn off scales and gridlines etc for the scatter chart, leaving more-or-less just the markers themselves.

If neither of these solves your problems, write me (crchart@threedgraphics.com) and we can delve a bit deeper. If you have an example image of what you're trying to accomplish, send that along.

Regards
Page 1 of 1